NDA Seeks Digital Media and Marketing Intern or Volunteer
Digital Media and Marketing Intern Position Description
About the National Deer Alliance
The mission of the National Deer Alliance (NDA) is to serve as the guardian of wild deer conservation (white-tailed deer, mule deer, black-tailed deer, coues deer, and Key deer), and our hunting heritage. Formally incorporated in May 2015, the NDA is driven to assemble and unite a diverse group of stakeholders that includes hunters, managers, and the hunting industry to help create positive outcomes for deer and deer hunting.
Top priorities of the organization as described in the strategic plan include: wild deer conservation, diseases, hunter access, predators and competitors, and state and federal land management.
For more information, visit www.nationaldeeralliance.com.
Location and Work Schedule
This is a home-based position. The work schedule is flexible and can be managed around coursework or other jobs and obligations.
This is an unpaid position, however, there is opportunity for future compensation as the organization continues to grow. There may also be unique networking opportunities at various events or meetings with travel expenses paid by the organization.
No expiration. Interns using the opportunity for college credit may have specific terms outlined per the institution’s requirements.
The digital media and marketing intern will assist the president and CEO with maintaining the organization’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), while also assisting with the NDA On Watch e-newsletter. NDA has specific responsibilities to its supporters related to showcasing their products and services, and the person in this role will help to meet those needs. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience with a national non-profit organization on a flexible schedule, and from a remote location.
Training will be provided.
- Manage the organization’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist with the preparation of the NDA On Watch e-newsletter, including providing input on the publication’s design.
- Manage the organization’s NDA App, where pertinent national deer stories are added on an almost daily basis.
- Assist with managing relationships with NDA supporters, and the associated marketing of their products and services.
- Assist with management of the NDA website, including production of new content as well as adding stories and survey results to the site.
- Some meetings, either by phone or in-person, may be required.
- Complete other related duties as assigned by the president and CEO.
- While enrollment at an accredited intuition majoring in marketing, communications, public policy, or a related field is desired, it is not necessary. Experienced volunteers from other fields will also be considered.
- Creativity and an eye for effective design of digital communication pieces required.
- Interest in conservation, deer management, and hunting desired.
- Strong overall communication skills (written, verbal, listening) required.
Send a general letter of interest to Nick Pinizzotto, president and CEO, at [email protected]. Full resumes are also accepted, but not necessary initially. Please express your interest in helping NDA achieve its mission to serve as the guardian for wild deer conservation, and our hunting heritage.