NDA Supports Introduction of the Natural Resources Management Act
Senators Lisa Murkowski (AK) and Maria Cantwell (WA) recently introduced Senate Bill 47 – the Natural Resources Management Act. While the bill contains hundreds of provisions pertaining to the management of our nation’s plentiful natural resources, a handful of the provisions should be of particular interest to sportsmen and sportswomen. These provisions include:
- Bows Transported Through National Parks (Sec. 2409)
- Wildlife Management in Parks (Sec. 2410)
- Federal Land Open to Hunting, Fishing, and Recreational Shooting (Sec. 4102)
- Identifying Opportunities for Recreation, Hunting, and Fishing on Federal Land (Sec. 4105)
- Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support (Sec. 4301)
- Migratory Bird Framework and Hunting Opportunities for Veterans (Sec. 4401)
Similar legislation introduced in last year’s legislative session unfortunately failed, but measures have been taken regarding S. 47 in hopes of bolstering success. Specifically, the Senators utilized a special Senate Rule which allows the bill to bypass committee referral and instead be placed directly on the Senate legislative calendar.
The National Deer Alliance (NDA) prioritizes hunter access, growth of the sport, and state and federal land management, and S. 47 contains multiple provisions that advance these areas. Join the NDA in supporting S. 47 by asking your senators to vote yes on this important legislation. Visit our Grassroots Advocacy Center to quickly and easily send a letter to your senator today.